Rachel Nicole Hernandez
Known for her work in promoting innovative alternatives to litigation in family related legal disputes, Rachel Hernandez is one half of our founding family law attorneys. She is an experienced Collaborative Family Lawyer and the founder of Bruckner Hernandez Legal Solutions, LLC with offices in St. Charles, Illinois and Sycamore, Illinois.
The focus of Bruckner Hernandez Legal Solutions is on helping families resolve legal issues without going to court, whether it be through mediation, Collaborative Process, uncontested divorce, pre-divorce legal counseling or limited scope representation. Rachel provides well-reasoned, practical advice to clients regarding their rights and responsibilities with respect to marital/non-marital assets and debts, maintenance and child custody issues.
When appropriate, Rachel solicits the expertise of other qualified professionals such as financial advisors, accountants and mental health professionals, so their expertise can be brought to bear on the often complex and emotionally charged issues associated with family law dispute resolution. This comprehensive approach allows Rachel to tailor her legal advice, permitting her clients and their families to make well informed and assured decisions. When children are involved, her paramount concern is that their best interests are prioritized every step of the way.
Rachel developed a passion for helping others through her work with the Community Crisis Center. This commitment led her to enroll in Northern Illinois University’s College of Law where, as a Dean’s Scholar, she earned her J.D. in 2005. Prior to focusing her practice in the area of family law, she served as an Assistant State’s Attorney handling cases involving child abuse, child neglect and delinquency. As a skilled mediator, Rachel has served as a coach with Northwestern University’s School of Professional Studies and is regularly appointed by the Court to assist litigants in resolving parenting disputes. She also serves as a court-appointed Guardian ad Litem and has been trained as a Parenting Coordinator.
Rachel is a member of the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals, Collaborative Divorce Illinois, the Association of Family and Conciliation Courts, the Illinois State Bar Association (serving on the Solo Small Practice Committee), the Kane County Bar Association and the DeKalb County Bar Association. She serves as Secretary of the Community Crisis Center Board of Directors and the NIU Alumni Council.
Contact Bruckner Hernandez Legal Solutions today to learn more about our family law attorneys!
PRACTICE AREAS FOR OUR FAMILY LAW ATTORNEYS:
- Uncontested Divorce
- Collaborative Divorce
- Child Issues
- Guardian Ad Litem
- Limited Scope Representation
- Mid-Marital Agreements
- Illinois, 2005
- Northern Illinois University, College of Law, J.D. – 2005
- Western Illinois University, Bachelor of Science (Law Enforcement and Justice Administration) – 1997
Past Employment Positions:
- Of Counsel Attorney-Van Der Snick Law Firm
- Winnebago County State’s Attorney Felony Assistant/Supervisor
- Boone County State’s Attorney Misdemeanor Assistant
- Kane County State’s Attorney Intern Pursuant to Supreme Court Rule 711
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Illinois State Bar Association (Member of the Solo and Small Firm Practice Institute Committee)
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals – Board of Directors
- Collaborative Divorce Illinois
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts
- Kane County Bar Association
- DeKalb County Bar Association
- Community Crisis Center – Board of Directors
- NIU College of Law Alumni Council
- “DREW’S LAW”: Why the Media Frenzy over Illinois’ Hearsay Exception for Intentional Murder of a Witness is Much Ado About Nothing – DuPage County Bar Journal, July 2010
- The Illinois Collaborative Process Act: A Positive Alternative to Litigation for Family Disputes – DuPage County Bar Journal, 2018
Honors and Awards:
- Super Lawyers – 2023
- Northern Illinois University – Outstanding Woman 2005
- NIU College of Law – Mentor of the Year 2011
- NIU College of Law – Dean’s Scholar 2002-2005
Let us protect what matters most